Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our internet is at risk

Hi there!

Our internet is at risk, and I need you to join me in protecting it.

Right now, a closed UN institution, the International Telecommunications Union, is seeking to reverse decades of precedent and give governments greater control over the internet. That means that the internet that you and I have come to love -- the one that has flourished over the years because it's decentralized and open -- is being threatened.

The ITU is meeting soon, but won't release its negotiating plans to the public. I just signed the Access petition calling on the ITU to make its plans public and to leave the internet open and decentralized. I think you should too. Click the link below for more information:

http://www.accessnow.org/itu

No comments:

Post a Comment